Star training and support
Training is essential to support quality use of the Outcomes Star within keywork and gather reliable data. In addition to a Star licence, all workers must attend at least the One-day Introduction to the Outcomes Star, usually run in-house for teams of up to 16 workers and their managers.
Open One-Day Introduction courses:
If you are a small organisation, you can register up to three workers on one of our open training days running in London and York throughout the year. This is an accessible option for small teams looking to complete our introductory training in any version of the Star. Dates are
- 9 September 2015 (Birmingham)
Further dates TBC
The cost is £195 per person
Open Star Licensed Trainer course: 1 and 15 October 2015 (London)
'Train the trainer' for experienced trainers to train people in any version of the Outcomes Star in their organisation. Year 1 includes the 2-day train the trainer course, comprehensive and up to date training manual, ongoing one-to-one support and the licence to train. Cost £2,450 in Year 1, renewable annually for half price.
E-mail email@example.com or call 0207 272 8765 for more information. We can arrange in-house Licensed Trainer courses for groups of three or more trainers.
Open Star Lead training
New! Small group, half-day training for Star Leads providing
- training and support to be your organisation's Star Lead for the Star Online
- one to one time to ask questions and
- an opportunity to share ideas and network with other Star Leads
£120 per person
Please call 0207 272 8765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries and bookings
Please complete a short training enquiry form to help us respond appropriately to your enquiry. If you have any further queries, please contact us or call 0207 272 8765 to discuss your needs with a Star trainer and consultant.
If you are already using the Star and have not had training, because you accessed the Star before this was a requirement, you can continue with the Star but we strongly recommend training to ensure proper use.
You can also use this form to find out about the additional courses and support we offer:
- The Outcomes Star and Keyworking (two days): Using the Star to Support Change
- Licensed Star Trainers
- Refresher training (Practice Review)
- Practical workshop for managers
- The Star Online web application
- Star Online set-up consultancy
- Outcomes Star implementation support.
Adopting an outcomes approach in your organisation by implementing the Outcomes Star can bring a wide range of benefits including better, more outcomes-focused keywork, a more consistent approach within teams, better coordination between teams and with other agencies, and timely relevant outcomes information for management and external reporting.
Achieving these benefits requires an implementation programme and on-going attention and support to make it happen.
We can support your organisation with all aspects of implementation including:
- Working with an internal steering group of key individuals driving the implementation process (often managers from each of the services) and advising one or more Organisational Star Champions throughout the process. This can include meetings with the steering group prior to training and being available for telephone and email support throughout
- Designing an organisational change programme as needed to roll out the Star, including:
- Selling the Star internally (presentation/workshop)
- Supporting decision making on which version(s) to use
- Planning the most appropriate training combination and timing
- Reviewing and combining your paperwork to avoid duplication
- Reviewing existing assessment, review and risk assessment forms to help chose what needs to be gathered in addition to the Star data
- Combining the forms and process on paper
- How to make the Star work on an IT level, including:
Contact us or call 0207 272 8765 to be put in contact with the best person to discuss the needs of your organisation.